ArcPoint Forensics is building groundbreaking digital forensic solutions focused on empowering frontline investigators with portable, powerful, intuitive tools. We know what investigators need and our mission is to fill the persistent gap that has restricted digital forensics almost entirely to a lab-based process for too long. Local law enforcement, federal agencies, and our front-line military units are waiting for somebody to give them the automated, use-centric digital forensics solutions they’ve been asking for. ArcPoint is answering that call.
We are looking for an experienced software developer with strong experience, super sharp technical skills, and a desire to be part of something new and different. That means you are flexible, enthusiastic, creative, and highly collaborative but also able to work independently. Digital forensics experience or understanding desired but not required. If you are eager to learn, our forensics experts can immerse you in our world! We are a virtual company, so you will work from home, with occasional travel for team work sessions and trade shows.
• Create, modify, integrate, and maintain open-source programs and libraries in C/C++, Go, Python, and shell scripts to generate web-friendly output from small-form-factor devices.
• Collaborate on a small, responsive, remote software and hardware development team to scale our platform from disconnected, edge devices to centralized, powerful clusters.
• Yep, this also means the usual SDLC parts: you’ll prepare detailed specifications and translate documented designs into software products by developing, documenting, testing, and debugging code.
• BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related technical discipline. Extensive related experience in place of academic certificates will be considered.
• Minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience in Software Engineering, Software Development, or related discipline.
• Demonstrated currency and fluency in C/C++, Go, and Python
• Have created, modified, integrated, and maintained C/C++, Go, or Python programs/libraries and shell scripts in a collaborative source revision platform (based on Git, Mercurial, SVN, and so on)
• Experience with ML frameworks like Tensorflow, PyTorch, Spark MLlib, XGBoost, and Scikit-Learn
• Experience with Data Science/Data Visualization techniques, tools, and processes
One more thing! We require applicants for all development roles to take an online coding technical challenge. It’s not a big deal, just a way for us to make sure we’ve got a great technical fit so we can all hit the ground running when you jump on board!
ArcPoint Forensics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants at ArcPoint Forensics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.